Saturday, February 11, 2006

Knitting Olympics

And so it has begun....

I decided to throw down the gauntlet and join the rest of the online knitting community with their quest to greatness. Last night, I cast on my project for the Knitting Olympics. For the next 16 days I will be challenging my knitting ability by knitting the Waldron Island Hat, which is April 28, 2006 in the Knitting Pattern a Day Desk calendar. In the spirit of the Olympics, this pattern challenges my ability, as I have never worked with dpns before, nor cables. After some dropped stitches, I started to get a little more comfortable with all of the sticks poking around.


In other knitting news.... The HP scarf is hitting the WIP basket, it has become entirely too boring to knit, and by the time it is finished, it will no longer be scarf weather. I will probably just use it for TV knitting, as it is pretty mindless.

The Project Linus squares for the Philly Burbs SnB, are going well, I have one almost complete, with another in works.

No comments: