Sunday, September 02, 2007

KiP'ing

I was introduced to a new Yarn Shop. It is now my favorite LYS. Although it's not quite local. Catherine introduced me to The Wooly Lamb in Pennington, NJ. (Note: There website is under construction today, but here is a link to a review of the shop from Knitter's Review). The shop is beautiful. For me, the inside is laid out very pleasing...yarn and colors everywhere, but not crammed and cluttered that would make it difficult to shop. Catherine and I spent close to 2 hours just wandering around and looking at all of the yarn. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the displays of knitted garments and samples from all of the yarn is stunning. I could have emptied my entire bank account in this store. But I was good, only buying yarn with projects in mind. My purchase included:

6 hanks of Berroco Ultra Alpaca for my Blaze sweater
2 balls of Hacho Hand-dyed for a chevron scarf (like the one that's been circling the blogosphere)

After our venture to the Wolly Lamb, we drove to Lambertville, NJ and wandered through some of the cute shops there. We crossed the bridge into New Hope, PA and found a bar with outdoor seating and good beer where we whipped out our knitting and enjoyed the glorious weather. Catherine was working on these beautiful beaded scarves, which she generously gave me a pattern for. I began swatching Blaze with my new yarn (yes...I'm going to swatch like a good girl). Two Unibroue Emphemere's later and we were off to meet the boys for dinner.

Heaven.

2 comments:

Jez said...

Hi there! here's the link to the zephyr style webpage:

http://www.zephyrstyle.com/home.html

This is where the rusted root pattern is!! They have a lot of other really cute patterns as well!! check it out.

And thanks for the crocs suggestion. I can't believe I didn't think of that. :)

Anonymous said...

sign stirring lifescience ocav cathe sealed options edited liberalizing denominators protect
lolikneri havaqatsu