Monday, May 05, 2008

Fiber and Farm Animal Festivities


This weekend was filled with a lot of farm animal fun! On Saturday Jake and I went down to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. We woke up early and made the two and a half hour pilgramige down to the biggest fiber festival I have ever seen. I knew it would be big, but I had no idea just how overwhelming it would be. There were thousands...no really THOUSANDS, of knitters, spinners and fiber enthusiasts at the Howard County Fairgrounds, not to mention the hundreds of farmers and shephards (?) that were there showing, shearing and selling their sheep. For those non-knitters, it is hard to imagine all the excitement, so I am posting evidence of the frenzy.
Here is a picture of the parking lot:


...and the crowd:


I met up with other Ravelers at the Ravelry party:


I even got to meet Jess and Casey, the founders of Ravelry:


There were Sheep Dog Trials:


...and Sheep, of course:


Even Jake found a favorite Sheep:


There were even baby Emu's:


I had so much fun (and didn't even break the bank!). I did purchase a ball winder and swift, and some Natural colored wool (which I don't have pictures yet...I will post later) and a T-Shirt.

And as if that weren't enough...

Sunday, Jake and I went to the Annual Sly Fox Bock Festival and Goat Race. This is always such a fun event, and this year was no exception. The weather was beautiful and the beer was delicious. Who wants to go to the Derby when you can go to the goat race? Not Me.





2 comments:

none said...

I am so jealous you got to meet Casey and Jess! I had no idea they were going to be there. I went last year and bought way too much yarn! Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

I think that goat in the last shot likes you.