Monday, April 10, 2006

Disclaimer...

As you may or may not have noticed, I have not posted anything in about a week. This is not due to lack of interesting happenings in my household, as there have been several. The lack of posts are mainly due to boredom. I must confess, my blog is boring. I have noticed that several of the blogs I read are very entertaining and engaging, which keeps me coming back and reading on a semi-regular basis. Mine, not so much. I took some time to ponder why this is and came to this conclusion: I am a business writer. Years of business courses have beaten me into technical writing submission. I have been trained to be factual and concise, omit any filler or minutiae. It is the minutiae and filler which make for an interesting blog, otherwise it becomes what I have here

Today I did/got/had ...The end.

It may as well be a bulleted list, for as entertaining as it is. For that I apologize to you, my reader. From this point forth, I will try to: (uh-oh, here comes the bulleted list)
  • Be more engaging as a blogger
  • Write about the trivial nonsense that is my life in an effort to entertain you, the reader
  • Post more frequently to entice said reader to return and possibly leave a comment
  • And, try to portray my funny, witty, clever self in written form (ha! yeah, right)

We shall see how I do...

No comments: